Celebrating 10 years of helping Kids and Families Stay ACTIVE!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

AKASPORT Health - Resolution #217

For your sake, please, Drink more Water!

How much water should we be drinking daily?  What's healthy...what have you been told?  Turns out, though I thought I was drinking a lot of or an adequate/healthy amount of water, well, I was way off.

Answer:  Half your body weight in ounces.  (i.e. a 200 pounder is supposed to drink 100 ounces, or 2.98 liters, a day!!)  http://www.watercure.com/faq.html And if you're an avid athlete you should be drinking close to your full weight in ounces.  Not to mention drinking more to make up for all the caffeine and sugar that we take in.

"The human body is a water machine, designed to run primarily on water and minerals. By weight, our body is about 72% water, 8% chemical compounds, and 20% bone and solid tissue."  Water - the Foundation of a Healthy Body


So if you have had a difficult time coming up with your New Year's Resolution, well, here you go.  DRINK MORE WATER: more specifically, at least half your weight in ounces.

2 comments:

  1. I heard on the radio today that most people give up on resolutions by the third week. This is a great/realistic one to keep! Gonna try to chug some more water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are amazing! Thanks!
    Craft Women's Performance Glove

    ReplyDelete